Japanese government officials have denied reports that a secure network used by the country’s defense forces was attacked earlier this year.

An attacker was able to break into the Ground Self-Defense Force’s computer systems, sources at the Japanese Ministry of Defense told Kyodo News on Sunday. The ministry and the Self-Defense Forces discovered the attack in September, said the report, which was also relayed by The Japan Times.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here